Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Quick Pre-Interview Tips

Preparing for a interview is a job in itself! Therefore, I have 3 basic tips I follow before walking out of my door...


1. Dress - I don't care if you are interviewing to be a waitress or a Director position, always always always dress to impress. I truly believe it is better to be overdressed than underdressed. No matter what, the employer will be impressed. And first impressions can make or break their decision.


2. Research - Do your homework! Make sure you thoroughly read the job description you are applying for and understand the mission statement of the company. There is nothing worse than going in feeling unprepared. You are marketing and selling yourself to the company. They aren't just interviewing you, YOU are interviewing them! So make sure you have a list of questions ready.


3. Breakfast - My favorite meal of the day! Be careful not to eat too much. You don't want to be so full that you can't focus on the interview itself. Make it's healthy and hearty... brain food! My go to breakfast is a spinach, roasted cherry tomatoes, and goat cheese omelette with half of a grapefruit. Simple, healthy, and delicious.


Now you're ready to conquer that interview! And here I am ready to go for my interview in Louisville, KY...




No comments:

Post a Comment